Thursday, March 5, 2009

No Mo T.O.!

When I woke up this morning and flicked on the early Sportscenter, I heard the best news I've heard in a while: the Cowboys released Terrell Owens! I've long been an anti-T.O. guy so the notion that Dallas finally grew a pair and told him to get the hell out just tickles me.

I'll be the first to admit the guy's a hell of a ball player. He's definitely one of the most talented wide receivers I've seen in my lifetime. But that doesn't even come close to making up for his childlike attitude and selfishness. The man is a cancer. He has somehow managed to successfully ruin every franchise he's ever been a part of. Let's examine...

49ers- T.O. bursts onto the scene with a game winning catch as time expired to beat the Packers in the playoffs. He's the golden boy of San Fran. But wait, he doesn't like his quarterback, so he whines and mopes until he's dished out to another team.

Eagles- Arrives in Philly to catch balls from superstar QB Donovan McNabb, seems perfect. But after a short honeymoon period, T.O. doesn't like his quarterback anymore. Imagine that. So he demands an exit, acts like a brat and tries to tear down the organization. Philly is still paying for the locker room drama that baby caused.

Cowboys- Of course Jerry Jones would take a chance on T.O. regardless of his track record. It even seemed like he finally found a QB in Tony Romo that he could go the distance with. He almost had me convinced when he sat in front of the press bawling big crocodile tears defending Romo, who was getting ripped in the media. But of course, it was another one of his acts. The next season comes around, surprise surprise, T.O. doesn't like his quarterback.

T.O.'s main reason for whining in Dallas was that he doesn't get thrown to enough when in fact he gets thrown to more than most players in the league. The guy sincerely thinks the ball should be thrown to him on every single play. Some ego. Sorry T.O., the only way you're getting a catch every play is if you clone yourself to play quarterback and throw to you. Hell, he'd be the only person on the planet who loves you as much as you do.

So Props to the Cowboys for bucking up and taking a stand against this child of a football player. I can only hope that he'll fall into relative obscurity and waste the rest of his life doing nothing with Barry Bonds. But it's pretty unlikely. There are plenty of stupid owners out there who would gladly risk the health of their team for the chance to pay this idiot millions of dollars.

1 comment:

  1. Amen!! Thank goodness that T.O. is gone! I'm not a Cowboys fan, I'm actually a Steelers fan, but I really didn't like T.O. and I'm thrilled that someone feels the same way I do! :)

    ReplyDelete